This is where to go to find the best food and service. While food is our passion we will mention a fantastic wine, drink, or cigar. We try to remain positive but truly bad service will be mentioned (so many great stories have to do with bad service). I hope that we can lead you to a fantastic meal or lend an idea to a personal creation



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The GATOR ME CRAZY












Gator Me Crazy rests on the outer crust of the Quarter in New Orleans, just across from the French Market. We were headed elsewhere but after a Saints' Super Bowl victory the night before the lines were either extreme or the places were just closed. We followed a bit of advice and ended up at this little eatery on Decatur St. The menu is handwritten on a chalkboard above the counter. The owner is cooking and the waiter (who is definatley northeast of St. Anne's Lavender Line) were the only employees and we were the only customers so it worked out perfect.




























Under the advisement of a true local, I was instructed to head to Gator Me Crazy if I wanted a great local breakfast that wouldn't break the bank. I think this is what he said through bites of last nights sushi...I took him at face value, the man looks like he knows what he is grunting about.





































The alligator sausages were something to go back for. Crisp skins, slit down the center and grilled through, these were the perfect compliment to our breakfast. Just so you know, if your eggs are a little underdone don't bother trying to send them back.






























The alligator jambalya was absolutely wonderful. With succulent pieces of crawfish and alligator floating abundantly throughout.

The 'Cajun Donuts' (copyright infringement??) were as good as any beignet I had eaten all weekend. And although chickory coffee is "gross" and not on the menu, their cafe au lait is quite good.



819 Decatur St
New Orleans La
504 527 0051

No comments:

Post a Comment